A Midsummer Night's Dream
Johnny Dropbottom, Mary Sweetgrace, and Augustus Babylon learn to perform one of Shakespeare's greatest comedies: A Midsummer Night's Dream. Filled with hijinx and romance, the play and workshops introduce students to Shakespeare in a highly entertaining manner.
An Acting Workshop for elementary-aged students! Work collaboratively with students on using voice, body, and imagination to create unique characters. An extremely interactive and accessible workshop based on the MONTAN SHAKES! 2016 adaptation of 'A Midsummer Night's Dream'.
- Identify and demonstrate ways in which emotions affect movement in characterization
- Describe observed characters in All the West’s a State, ‘A midsummer Night’s Dream'
- Physically embody different emotions/feelings
- Create tableaux to represent moments from the play/fairy tales
Create puppets and and learn about Shakespeare! Unleash elementary-aged students imagination with a DIY craft project to create fairies as seen in the MONTANA SHAKES! 2016, All the West's a Stage adaptation of 'A Midsummer Night's Dream'.
- Identify characters, settings, and major events from 'A Midsummer Night's Dream'
- Identify personality traits of characters from the play
- Explore and embody different physical qualities and emotions through movement
- Introduce and explore the concept of personification with found objects
Your elementary students will love Shakespeare! Create, learn, and pantomime new words! Shakespeare loved to create new words and to play creatively with the meaning of words, so can you. This workshop is based on the MT SHAKES! 2016 adaptation of a Midsummer Night's Dream. This workshop is designed to introduce students to the creative capacity of words. Students will:
- Identify examples of and explore meaning in figurative language found in A Midsummer Night's Dream
- Ask and answer questions about words and details in the text
- Explore the relationship between words and their sounds
- Investigate the importance of word choice (poetry and rhythm of words and their sounds)