Check back here periodically to discover what's new in PBS LearningMedia. We are continuously adding new functionality, cosmetic enhancements and general improvements to the tool. Bookmark this page and stay up to date with all the latest in PBS LearningMedia!
- - New website header! Conduct a keyword search and filter by grade, subject, and media type right from the website header. Learn more
- - User Generated Content. In addition to PBS LearningMedia content, you can now add your own content to your Lessons and Storyboards. Learn more
- - Content Sharing. Share your lesson and storyboard creations with other teachers around the country. Learn more
- - Better navigation. Now you can access your Favorites, Tools, Folders, and Profile all from the left hand navigation menu.
- - Improved dashboard. Your new dashboard displays the six most recently modified resources plus a compact, quick access bundling of all the tools at your disposal.
- - Folders! Now you can add your puzzles, quizzes, storyboards, and lessons into separate folders and easily share the folders with colleagues. You can create custom folders, too!
- - Poster image for all resources. Each resource thumbnail includes an image allowing you to get a quick glimpse of each resource in your folders.
- - Puzzles! Create crossword and word search puzzles for your students to solve. Puzzles are a good way to let your students learn about a subject in a fun way.
- - True or False Question Add a true or false question to your lessons.
- - Add more media in the Lesson Builder. In addition to video, you can now add other media such as images, interactives, documents, web pages and audio files.
- - Create a standalone quiz. You can now create a multiple choice, fill-in-the-blank or short answer question quiz that can either be added to a lesson or kept separately as a standalone.
- - Print your Storyboard. Easily print your Storyboards to share with others.
- - Add hyperlinks. Include external hyperlinks in your Lessons, Quizzes, and Storyboards.
- - Video length display on search result thumbnails. Easily view the length of videos without having to open each video page.
- - Customizable closed captions. Customize your closed captioning experience by choosing font style, size, and color, background color and opacity. Learn more
- - Improved search results layout. Results are presented as informative snippets categorized by grade range, service level, and media type and are arranged on the page to provide the maximum number of results.
- - Display images option. Choose whether or not to display images in your search results. Images can sometimes distract from the text so often users prefer a text-only layout. This is possible by simply clicking the checkbox next to "Turn images off" at the top of each search results page.
- - Filter retention. Each filter used is retained each time a new filter is chosen. Your final results are the culmination of all filters selected. Learn more about filters
- - Search results sorting. Choose from six different sorting options: A-Z, Z-A, Newest, Oldest, Most Viewed, and Most Favorited. Learn more
- - Filter by grade level. Refine your search results by clicking the checkbox next to each grade level listed in the Grade filters on the left side of the screen.
- - Social sharing is here! Social sharing allows you to share PBS LearningMedia content across Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest. Learn more
- - Total search results displayed. The total number of results in a keyword search appears at the top of the search results page.
- - Class pages have changed to “shareable folders.” With shareable folders, teachers have increased capability to share resources with colleagues and students. Additionally, teachers can organize favorite resources in “private” folders. Learn more about Shareable folders
- - Entire resource pages are shareable. Teachers can share entire resource pages with colleagues or students.
- - More standards are mapped. Mapping of Common Core State Standards and national standards continue to expand across the entire content collection.