All Subjects
      All Types

        Info

        Grades

        7-12

        Permitted Use

        Stream Only


        Part of Uranium
        14 Favorites
        332 Views

        Nuclear Power: What is the Future? | Uranium: Twisting the Dragon's Tail

        Learn about the implications of using nucleal energy, in this clip from Uranium: Twisting the Dragon's Tail. There are over 400 nuclear power plants in 30 countries and another 70 under construction. Nuclear power plants emit no carbon emissions and according to supporters, are clean sources for vast amounts of electrical power. The plants utilize about 5% of their uranium fuel while the other 95% is highly radioactive nuclear waste that must be stored for thousands of years. Listen to Derek discuss with Dr Leslie Dewan about the next generation of nuclear reactors.

        You must be logged in to use this feature

        Need an account?
        Register Now