English School, (19th century). Formerly the property of Princess Mary (1897-1965) Princess Royal and Countess of Harewood, daughter of King George V. The brooch was a wedding present from her mother, Queen Mary, in February 1922. It consists of a single oval sapphire surrounded by 14 brilliant-cut diamonds. The necklace consists of 14 sapphire and diamond clusters of quatrefoil design and was once the property of Queen Victoria and made c.1850. Provenance: Private Collection.