Hear the personal story of Jamie Armstrong, a 10-year-old girl in Halifax, Nova Scotia, who developed a rash and serious asthma as a baby after her apartment was sprayed for cockroaches. Years later, Jamie still has severe asthmatic and allergic reactions when neighbors spray their yards with pesticides. When a ban on pesticides was proposed in Halifax, Jamie was one of more than 100 people to testify before the Halifax City Council to support the ban. Partly as a result of Jamie’s testimony, Halifax became the first major North American city to ban the use of pesticides for lawn or garden use. Video segment adapted from Playing with Poison.