Students watch a video about the geography of Idaho. Students take notes on each of the state’s regions to then create an advertisement to attract tourists to one of the regions.
Standard: 413.06 Identify the geographic features of Idaho. AND 4.SS.2.1.3 Describe the physical regions of Idaho and identify major natural resources.
- Video: Great States | Idaho Geography
- A smart board, projector, or other screen to show videos to the class
- Class set of Idaho’s Three Geographical Regions handout
- Distribute the Idaho’s Three Geographical Regions handout.
- Indicate that students will be watching a short video about the geography of Idaho that will give them information about each of these regions. They should take notes about each region on map handout as they watch and listen.
- Play the video, Great States | Idaho Geography [3:45]. You may want to pause as narration about each region is completed to make sure students have enough time to write.
- Tell students they will be writing advertisements to attract tourists to visit one of the three regions. This may be done as an individual or group activity. The advertisements can be for print, radio, television, or online outlets.