With PBS KIDS ScratchJr, kids can create their own interactive stories and games featuring their favorite characters from Wild Kratts, Nature Cat, WordGirl and Peg + Cat! The storytelling possibilities are endless with this creative coding app for children ages 5-8.
By snapping together colorful programming blocks, children can make characters move, jump, dance and sing. In the process, kids will learn to solve problems, design projects and express themselves creatively on a tablet. With PBS KIDS ScratchJr, children don’t just learn to code, they code to learn.
• Colorful Programming Blocks - Snap together the color-coded motion, sound, look, trigger and control blocks to create sequences of actions that cause characters to animate and interact in fun and exciting ways.
• PBS KIDS Characters and Backgrounds - With 150+ PBS KIDS characters, children can create projects based on their favorite shows and can mix-and-match as much as they’d like!
• Paint Editing - Create your own characters and backgrounds.
• Voice Recording - Use the recording tool to add sounds and your voice to projects.
• Story Starters - Looking for inspiration? Eight story starters in the app are a great place to start. Each Story Starter features a different set of characters and is designed to encourage children to edit and complete the story however they’d like.