Shepherd, Thomas Hosmer (1792-1864). English. Medium: watercolour on paper. Date: 19th Century. Chapel for St. Thomas's Hospital; built between 1698 and 1703 by Thomas Cartwright on the site of the medieval hospital chapel; loft used for storing medicinal herbs and as the operating theatre for women; after the hospital moved to Lambeth in 1871 used as Chapter House for Southwark Cathedral; Provenance: Private Collection.