Isnard, Jean-Esprit (1707-81); French. Medium: wood and metal. Date: 1773. Double-chested organ built by the Dominican Friar, Jean Esprit Isnard. It is composed of four keyboards and 2960 pipes; saved from destruction during the French Revolution by Napoleon's brother, Lucien Bonaparte, who commanded that the "Marseillaise" was to be played on it to herald the arrival of Paul Baras as he entered the building. Provenance: Basilica of Mary Magdalene, St. Maximin-La-Sainte-Baume, France. Photographic Rights The Bridgeman Art Library.