English Photographer, (19th century). Medium: black and white photograph. Date: 19th Century. The Imperial Institute building was designed by the architect T.E. Colcutt (1840-1924) and was completed in 1894; It was located on Exhibition Road, South Kensington, London; It housed the Imperial Institute which was an organisation founded in 1887 to promote research that would benefit the empire; The building was demolished in 1950s and 60s to make way for Imperial College - only Queens Tower now remains; Provenance: Private Collection.